Rhodes Scholarship 2024:
Are you interested in studying in the UK? Great news! The Rhodes Scholarship is now accepting applications. To Help you navigate the Rhodes Scholarship smoothly and without stress, we have provided all the details in this article, including its benefits and how to apply step by step. Make sure you read to the end.
Rhodes Scholarship Details:
Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a prestigious international scholarship program that allows outstanding young individuals from around the world to study at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship 2024/2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for master’s and Ph.D. studies and it provides an opportunity to study in the UK. A living stipend (£15,144 per annum) is part of its benefit, all University and College fees and the University application fee.
- Level of Study: Postgraduate, Masters, Ph.D.
- Institution(s): University of Oxford
- Study in: United Kingdom
- Duration: Two (2) Years
- Required Language: English
- Deadline: Depending on your Country
To be Considered eligible for the Rhodes Scholarship, an applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- To be eligible for the Rhodes Scholarship, applicants must meet the citizenship and residency requirements of the specific Rhodes constituency. Click Here to refer to the list of eligible countries to know if you meet these requirements.
- The age requirements for the Rhodes Scholarship differs depending on the area you are applying from. The minimum age is 18 and the maximum is 28 by October 1st of the year after selection. Most areas require candidates to be 24 or 25 years old. It is important to double-check the specific age requirements for your location before submitting an application. If selected, you will need to be
- Applicants must have completed an honors bachelor’s degree by October. Additionally, their academic standing should be of a high enough standard to meet the University of Oxford’s rigorous entry requirements, as competition for admission is intense. In Canada, a minimum GPA of 3.75 out of 4.0, or its equivalent, is expected.
Rhodes Scholarship Benefits:
The Rhodes Scholarship is a prestigious award that provides recipients with
- A living stipend of £15,144 per year, covering all University and College fees.
- one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
- Additionally, the University application fee is also covered.
- The Scholarship lasts for two years, but can be extended for a third year if the recipient takes a recognized route to the DPhil (PhD), subject to an application process. Recipients must maintain satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct throughout their tenure.
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship?
Here is a List of Required Documents and a step-by-step approach to apply for the Rhodes Scholarship:
Note: All constituencies will require the following materials in differing forms:
- Evidence of academic record / transcript (completed or in progress) of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language). Check requirements here.
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities.
- Personal statement or essay (including, a clear statement of what you wish to study and your reasons for applying)
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- Four reference letters from appraisers who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements
SCHOLARSHINT RECOMENDATION FOR YOU! 😃
- How to write Sample Motivation Letter for Scholarship Application (Pdf)
- Best way to use Google Bard (AI) to Write Scholarship Essays
- Must-Have Documents for Scholarship Applications in 2024
- Examples of Recommendation Letters for Scholarships
- 10 Common Mistakes to Avoid When Applying for a Scholarship
- You can apply online at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply via the scholarships website.
- You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, before deadline.
- In preparation for making your application, you should read carefully the general information, particularly that held on the Scholarships tab, on the Rhodes website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social engagement and a final interview. You must be available to attend both, in person, as no accommodations can be made on date and time, or mode, of these events. No candidate will be selected without an interview. Travel expenses will be paid by the Rhodes Trust, and will cover the round trip cost of a First Class rail ticket, but excluding hotel expenses. International travel for those attending from overseas cannot be funded.
- All applicants will be emailed with the outcome of their application.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to financial means.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste or other irrelevant distinction. The provision of such information in the ‘Outreach’ section of the application form is optional, but helps us to ensure that our selection processes are fair and that our outreach efforts are effective; those involved in selection will only see summary statistics of these responses in an anonymized format that cannot be tracked back to the individual.
- You are applying for a Rhodes Scholarship for entry to the University of Oxford in October 2024; the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford.
- No selection will be made if a sufficiently qualified candidate cannot be found.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
Procedure after Selection:
- Please note that successful applicants will need to apply to the University of Oxford very soon after selection. Full details will be given upon selection.
- The full application of successful candidates will be accessible to Rhodes House, Oxford, where the Scholarship references can be re-used, if appropriate, in support of the successful candidate’s subsequent application to the University of Oxford.
- Successful candidates will be encouraged to disclose, in confidence, any medical condition or special needs which may require academic or personal support in Oxford. This disclosure is entirely voluntary and is requested only to enable Rhodes House to provide suitable support in Oxford and to make the transition to Oxford as smooth as possible.
We hope you found this article helpful. If you have any questions, thoughts, or experiences you’d like to share, we encourage you to leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to more update via the bell icon.
Disclaimer: Scholarshint is an independent publisher, The information provided is for educational purposes only and we encourage you to seek more clarified details from the source official website