Stipendium Hungarian Scholarships offers a wide range of courses for high-achieving international students with an excellent academic track record.
The Hungarian Government established the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship programme to promote the internationalisation of Hungarian higher education and to attract top international students from all around the world who can establish personal and professional links to Hungary while enjoying high-quality education in the heart of Europe.
- Host Country: Hungary
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Monthly Stipends | Medical Insurance
- Deadline: January 15, 2024
The scholarship is based on bilateral education agreements between Hungary and the governments of the sending countries. It is available on five continents in over 90 countries, attracting tens of thousands of international students each year. Applicants are offered more than 1200 full degree programmes, covering all higher education fields at all degree levels, including part-time and doctoral programmes.
To be considered for the Stipendium Hungarian Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- All international applicants are eligible to apply for Scholarship.
- Tuition-free education – exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend – doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 365 for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 470) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies
- Accommodation contribution – free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40,000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- Medical insurance – health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca 170 EUR) a year/person
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Online application form
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of language proficiency and its translation
- School certificates and its translation
- Transcript of Records and its translations
- Medical Certificate
- National ID/Copy of the valid passport
- Copy of a valid passport
- Acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system
- Research Plan
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of the Supervisor
- Recommendation letter of the actual Hungarian host institution
- Audio Portfolio
Method of Application
Interested Candidates should use the link created below to complete the application processes via this link: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/
We hope you found this article helpful. If you have any questions, thoughts, or experiences you’d like to share, we encourage you to leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to more update via the bell icon.
Disclaimer: Scholarshint is an independent publisher, The information provided is for educational purposes only and we encourage you to seek more clarified details from the source official website.