A list of jobs has been released by the United Kingdom for qualified Nigerians who wish to apply for skilled worker visas and relocate to the country. This list can be found on the UK government’s website.
“If your occupation is included in the list, you have the opportunity to receive 80% of the normal pay rate for that job in order to be eligible for a Skilled Worker visa. The salaries mentioned for these occupations are calculated based on a 37.5-hour work week and will be adjusted accordingly for different work schedules, depending on the number of hours specified by your employer.” Additionally, certain occupations on the list offer a maximum hourly pay of N15,000.
What is the UK skilled worker Visa?
The UK skilled worker visa is a work visa that enables international workers with the necessary skills to work in the UK for licensed UK employers. To apply for a skilled worker visa, a valid job offer must be available from a licensed UK employer. The visa is only valid as long as the immigrant remains in the same role with the sponsoring employer.
If you wish to change roles or employers, then you will have to apply for a new skilled worker visa.
What Are The Required documents for UK skilled worker visa?
Some of the vital information and documents you may need to provide to support your skilled worker visa application include:
- Certificate of Sponsorship reference number
- Job title and annual salary Job’s occupation code
- The name of employer and their sponsor license number (as shown on Certificate of Sponsorship)
- Evidence of sufficient personal savings to support yourself Proof of your relationship to your spouse/partner and children (e.g. marriage and birth certificates).
- A criminal record certificate (this is only necessary for certain occupation types involving vulnerable individuals such as healthcare and education)
- Proof of your English language proficiency