African Development Bank (AfDb) Internship Program For Africans 2024, The African Development Bank (AfDb) Internship Program provides students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience.
This also provides the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes. However, applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the Bank.
The African Development Bank was Established in 1964, African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2023 – 2032) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Internship program is part of a wider Talent Management Framework which facilitates the Bank to deliver on the Ten-Year Strategy and the High 5s. Participants in the Program are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank.
Requirements: African Development Bank (AfDb) Internship Program For Africans 2024
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have attained the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than Thirty (30) years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Be currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Be nationals of the member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree. Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
- Be able to use the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Duration and Reward
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Selected interns will perform their internship either remotely or on-site depending on the needs of their respective hiring units. Remote interns are expected to have access to a personal computer, reliable internet connection and a conducive living environment that facilitates smooth and uninterrupted remote working.
- On-site interns shall be responsible for their air travel (in case of) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- The Bank will use reasonable efforts to assist the concerned interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Eligible Interns will benefit from a medical insurance coverage paid by the Bank during the period of their internship.
- Eligible interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
Strategic Focus areas: African Development Bank (AfDb) Internship Program For Africans 2024
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Environmental and Social Assessment
Method of Application
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Apply for this position
- Regular Staff: If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position. Click here
- External Candidate: If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position. Click here
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
We hope you found this article helpful. If you have any questions, thoughts, or experiences you’d like to share, we encourage you to leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter., By doing so, you’ll receive updates on new articles. Click the Red bell subscribe button now and join our community of achievers!