If you are interested in furthering your postdoctoral research, there is a wonderful chance available to you. The Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships are currently accepting applications. This article will provide a comprehensive overview of the scholarship program, including its advantages and a detailed guide on how to apply.
Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. The fellowship period is 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension. The Fellowships comprise a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits.
Upon finishing the program, the fellows who achieve the most success will have the opportunity to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants. These grants will assist them in establishing their own research projects as young principal investigators when they return to an ICGEB Member State.
The ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Fellowship Programmes are dedicated to the memory of Prof. Arturo Falaschi, who played a crucial role in establishing the Centre. These programmes offer various long and short-term PhD and Postdoctoral awards to scientists from ICGEB Member States. The research can be conducted in Trieste, New Delhi, or Cape Town.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): ICGEB
- Study in: Trieste, Italy / New Delhi, India / Cape Town, South Africa
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Life Sciences
- Program Period: 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension
- Deadline: March 31, 2024, Starting from October 01
Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- Travel: The fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior to arrival.
Eligibility Criteria for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships
To qualify for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences.
- The applicant must have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
How to Apply for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships:
(1) Create an account and start filling the application from here.
(2) You need to provide these documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Proposed research.
- PhD degree certificate
- Personal statement.
- Three (3) referees who can provide a letter of reference on your behalf. At least one of these should be a member of the University or College you attended most recently.
To know more about Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships, please visit official website: https://www.icgeb.org/fellowships/arturo-falaschi-postdoctoral-fellowships-2022/