Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program. You can further your studies at universities in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan. An exciting opportunity is available now as applications for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program are being accepted. This article will provide a comprehensive explanation of the scholarship program, its advantages, and a step-by-step guide to the application process.
The Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2024-2026 is a comprehensive scholarship opportunity for international students pursuing a master’s degree. This scholarship will provide full coverage of tuition fees, accommodation expenses, economy-class air travel, and a monthly living stipend.
Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP): Since 1987, JJ/WBGSP has enabled more than 6,000 mid-career professionals from 160 developing countries and Japan to complete graduate degrees in development-related fields. On an annual basis, the Government of Japan solely funds the JJ/WBGSP.
Individuals from developing nations, who possess relevant professional experience and have a track record of contributing to their country’s development, including both men and women, are eligible to apply for the WBGSP scholarship. This scholarship is specifically for those who are seeking to pursue a master’s degree program in a development-related field.
JWBGSP provides scholarships for 26 programs offered by universities located in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan. These programs focus on important areas of development such as economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management. To be eligible for a JJWBGSP Scholarship, one must first be admitted to one of these programs. Students from developing nations who receive these scholarships are expected to return to their home country after graduation and utilize their newly acquired skills to contribute to the cultural and economic growth of their nation.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Newcastle University
- Study in: U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find the available masters opportunities
- Program Period: 2 years
- Deadline: (The next windows for scholarship applications will open in January and March 2024.)
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
Please note all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does not cover:
- VISA application(s) costs
- Expenses to bring and/or support a scholar’s family members;
- Extra-curricular courses or training;
- Courses that do not meet the minimum credits required to earn the graduate degree;
- Language training not provided by the graduate program;
- Additional travel during the course of the study program;
- Expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational equipment such as computers.
- Resident permit fee
Eligibility Criteria for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
In order to qualify for the JJWBGSP, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. The only exception to this criterion is for developing country nationals from a country that will be on the updated list of Fragile and Conflict States provided to applicants in the Application Guidelines for each call for scholarships.
- On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s programs and located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications open. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew; *Please note: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
How to Apply:
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- You must first apply for admission to one or more of the Partner Masters Degree Program(s). Inquiries on how to submit an admissions application to a partner program should be submitted to the respective university.
- Create an account on the scholarship website from here.
ALSO APPLY: DAAD Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2024
To know more about The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program – JJWBGSP, please visit the official website: https://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/scholarships
We hope you found this article helpful. If you have any questions, thoughts, or experiences you’d like to share, we encourage you to leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter., By doing so, you’ll receive updates on new articles. Click the Red bell subscribe button now and join our community of achievers!